18 February 2014

Da New Skipper

Matt Williams The New Manager Carded
Image from www.veooz.com
Number 9 is a good number for Washington Sports

I haven't looked through my collection that thoroughly enough but in a recent pack opening of a repack I got a Matt Williams card from his playing days. I probably have a few other of his cards* but I'll have to check my 1980s and up cards carefully to double check. Anyway here is my one verified Matt Williams card:

2000 Fleer Tradition 40 Matt Willaims Diamondbacks
(Front and Back)
I am sure I will soon be finding more cards of his to add to my collection, including newly released ones of him as the Nats Skipper. Welcome aboard Mr. Williams.

In case you were wondering about my number 9 comment:

*UPDATE:  According to my Zistle I have a total of 8 of Matt's cards, all but this one during his Giants years. I'll need to dig them out an scan them for this blog. Including his 1987 Topps Traded RC (That I know for a fact I have, since I have all the 1980s Topps Traded sets).

No comments: