20 June 2014

Frankly Friday: 1968 Hondo

1968 Topps Baseball Frank Howard

This is one of those cards that I am surprised I didn't have, ditto for the '64 (that excuse is he was a Dodger then) and '69 Hondos (still need to pick those up). I am sure at one time I did have it but don't know how it could have walked away from my collection. It must have happened sometime during the 1970s or '80s when I wasn't looking. Anyway I have at least one copy of it now.

The card came via Ebay ($3.33 + $1.95 shipping) in a PWE. The seller must have gotten a kick out of my screen-name since the 8.5" x 11" page the card was taped to with white masking tape, in a typical sending a card in a PWE way, had the following note:

 "Thank you Capt. Kirk Enjoy! Live Long + Prosper! :)" 
Yes it was complete with the underscore on my handle and the smiley face smilie. A real smilie not the colon and right parenthesis. Oh and then the feedback on Ebay said

"Capt Kirk is USS Enterprise Capt for a good reason! A+++++++ Thank You!"

Touching, I don't know if I should be flattered, embarrassed or annoyed. Maybe I should change my name to Fred, or better yet Frank. You don't want anymore background noise you just wanna see the card. OK here it is:

1968 Topps Baseball 320 Frank Howard Senators
(Front and Back)

Edit: Oh I should have mentioned the card was safely sent in toploader/penny sleeve so it wasn't directly taped to the paper/letter.

1 comment:

Robert said...

There could be a lot of worse ways to be acknowledged. At least he provided feedback!