18 November 2013

SeNators Singles: Al Evans 1950 Bowman

SENATORS SINGLES: 
This is the first post of what will hopefully be a regular series feature that will at least make this blog more active, and give me more work to do on it. I don't plan on making these too wordy just something that gives me more opportunities to show off more of my Washington "Curly W" Baseball Cards. It is also a good way to build up a bunch of "filler" posts for whenever I need to make a post but don't have any subject matter in mind.

If you follow enough team specific card blogs you will notice that many of them have a "card of the day" or "card of the week" feature. Some of those blogs are the feature. I don't think I'll ever get that enthusiastic for the daily route, it is hard enough for me to keep up regularly for weekly features. Hopefully I'll do this often enough to make most people think it is done more often.

Some of the cards I show for this feature might be repeats of cards previously shown and maybe sometimes cards shown here will get repeated in another feature. Who knows? It is all good anyway.

I don't recall which Senators card was my very first Washington Baseball Card or Curly W Card so I'll just have to show the card that (for now) is my oldest CWC in terms of its age not necessarily how long I've had it.
1950 Bowman 144 Al Evans Senators
(Front and back)

I was going to just mention that I think I got this card from Ebay a while back and leave it at that, but I went ahead and dug into my TCC blog* and found the entry working backwards from the oldest entries to the newest, I would have saved a few minutes starting the other way since I had gotten this card last year. I got it on Monday 14 May 2012 from Ebay as I said, and I only paid $4.75 + $1.00 shipping.

UPDATE: This card no longer my oldest CWC I recently got some cards from Ebay including an even older card from the 1933 Goudey set.

*My TCC blog I have been using as a card "mailday blog" for sometime now. I also duplicate the entries over at TCZ in my CaptKirk42's Mail Bag posts on their "Mail Days" board. The duplication came in handy over the weekend of 25-27 October 2013 when the TCC site was down. I do need to backup my entries in case both sites go down permanently.

No comments: