28 February 2014

Frankly Friday: 2008 Donruss Threads Frank Howard Rainbow Style

2008 Donruss Threads: Frank Howard Rainbow
One of the card sets that I see a lot of is the 2008 Donruss Threads, at least the base cards from it. I still don't have a complete set but I will someday. I have a least 6 of the Frank Howard base card, maybe more if one or two are hiding in an uncatalogued pile somewhere in my card hoard. Anyway there is a Frank Howard rainbow to build and I'm going for it of course, minus any GUs I don't like those so my rainbow will not be a true "Master" set rainbow, just a mini rainbow. Not sure how many more to go but I'm pretty sure there is an autograph version. Here is what I have:


First I have the base card:
2008 Donruss Threads 50 Frank Howard Senators Base Card
(Front and Back)

Then we have the Emerald (or Green) parallel serial numbered to /250 I don't recall where I purchased it from. Maybe from another forum member somewhere. I don't think it was from Ebay but might have been.
2008 Donruss Threads: Emerald Parallel 50 Frank Howard Sentors #d 011/250
(Front and Back)

Then we have my most recent purchase from Ebay for $1.99 plus $1.99 shipping the SP Silver Parallel Serial Numbered to only /100. This one is #33 Frank's Jersey number from 1969 to the end of his playing career. I'm not sure if the seller was aware of that or even cared they didn't mention it. Some dealers try to milk more money out of you if they have the Jersey number or "Ebay 1/1" this one didn't thank goodness. it is "sealed" in it's toploader not sure if the dealer did that or it came that way?

UPDATE: I double-checked the image from the auction and it was shown raw out of any casing so the little silver dot sticker is from the dealer. I could have removed it from the toploader for scanning if I wanted or needed to.
 
2008 Donruss Threads: Silver Parallel 50 Frank Howard Senators #d 033/100
(Front and Back)
Hmm the image of Hondo on the front looks a little familiar:
Might be, might be.

1 comment:

Tony L. said...

Hondo was awesome -- always enjoyed having him around as the hitting coach for the Brewers. Never saw him after games signing autographs though -- must have left later after working with guys who were struggling, I suppose.