24 February 2014

Ninety-Nine Cents Nick And Paul

From a semi-recent catch over at The Bay (Ebay that is) I picked up four cards from a single dealer for 99¢ each with Free Shipping. Two of the cards were Nationals the other two were not. I blogged about the whole batch at my regular card blog here. Rather than just provide that link to the general blogging of this batch I decided to also do a more in-depth post over here about the cards that are Curly W cards.

The first of the two Nats is one of the two 2008 Topps Allen And Ginter's cards I got in the batch. The other A&G card was a famous Classic Music Composer. Anyway this Curly W A&G card shows Paul Lo Duca who even though he was only with the team for a short part of a season quickly became a fave of mine. He was on the team in 2008 when the Nats were trying to figure out what they were going to do with their fragile injury prone catchers. I thought I already had this card, I might even have the mini but I'm not sure since I hadn't yet recorded it into my Zistle PC list.

2008 Topps Allen & Ginter's 271 Paul Lo Duca Nationals
(Front and Back)

The other Curly W card from this group can now be considered an Oddball I guess even though it wasn't intended to be. The card is from the 2005 Donruss Zenith set. It is a beautiful card and now I have to get the rest of the Nats from this set and eventually the full set. It seems that 2005 was the only year for Zenith. That is a shame because it is a very nice look set. The design is both simple and complex. The color or lack of color is very classy and sort of art deco. 

2005 Donruss Zenith 162 Nick Johnson Nationals
(Front and Back)

No comments: