20 March 2015

Frankly Friday: Brightening A Rainbow

Brightening A Rainbow: 2008 Donruss Threads Edition

Huh? I thought I only needed the Auto for this rainbow since I wasn't going for any of the relics, well maybe if there is a bat relic...any who I found this for a real good price on da Bay and couldn't resist for the obvious reasons: It's Hondo, I've got a taste of the Rainbow, Its a cool card and its serial numbered. So there you have it. I got it from Ebay along with another Curly W Card. Shipping was $4.50 for the pair this was the cheaper card for only $1.99. The other a card was a bit steeper at $7.99. I won't bother you with the other card just yet, that is for another non-Frankly post.

So yeah for Two Bucks I picked up a variation of the 2008 Donruss Threads Frank Howard Rainbow. The Century Proof Gold serial numbered to 50. I think there is only the auto to get, and maybe one of the relics. I'm not big into relics but I'd rather have a bat sliver than a jersey swatch so I might look out for that.

2008 Donruss Threads Century Proof Gold - 50 Frank Howard Senators #d 12/50
(Front and Back)

Here is what I have so far with this rainbow:
 2008 Donruss Threads 50 Frank Howard Rainbow: Base, Green Century Proof (#d/250), Silver Century Proof (#d/100), Gold Century Proof (#d/50)

For my rainbow I'm going to skip the jerseys but there is still the Platinum Century Proof #d/25, and if they made them for Frank Signatures Gold #d/999 or less, Signatures Platinum #d/25 or less, Bat Relic #d/500 or less. So I need anywhere from just one more to four more cards for this rainbow out of a possible 6 more cards.

No comments: